How to Cook Delicious Ribs in The Oven!
This Recipe is Delicious when using KK Roaster with V-Rack! I give this to my Family on Special Occasions or when we have special guests and there is never a single rib left!
2kg of Spare ribs
1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
1 Cup Spice Rub
1 Cup Barbecue Sauce
KK Roasting dish with rack
- Prepare the the Baking Sheet: Line Roasting Dish with aluminum Foil. Lay the ribs on the top of the rack in a single layer. This arrangement allows for heat circulations on all sides of the ribs.
- Season the Ribs: Brush the ribs with mustard on both sides. Sprinkle the ribs with the Dry Rub and pat gently to make sure the rub adheres to the rib meat. Note: this step can be done the days ahead for a deeper flavour. Wrap the seasoned ribs in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Grill the Ribs: Heat the Grill and Place Kates Kitchen Oven Rack a few inches below the heating element. Make suure the meaty side of the ribs is facing up. Grill for about 5 minutes, until the surgar in the dry rub is bubbling and the ribs are evenly browned. Keep a close eye as they may burn if left.
- Bake the Ribs: Set the Oven to 150 degrees celcious. Move the ribs to an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Roast for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Halfway through cooking, cover with aluminum foil to protect them from drying out.
- Brush with BBQ Sauce: About 30 minutes before the end of cooking, Brush the ribs with BBQ Sauce, re-cover with Foil, and finish cooking.
- Rest the ribs and serve: The ribs are done when a knife slides easily into the thickest part of the rib meat. Let them rest, covered, for about 10 minutes, and then cut between the bones to seperate the individual ribs. Serve immediately with extra barbecue sauce for dipping.